Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies















I am going to DC for the long weekend and thought these chocolate chip cookies would be a nice traveling treat for the train journey. I saw a recipe on joy of baking and went for it. http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateChipCookies.html

I tried to wait for one to cool a bit before I did my taste test, but didn't have much luck with that! The cookie had a cakey light texture and then the melty chocolate was divine! I will definitely make these again, next time with room temperature butter!

I pretty much followed the recipe except:

1. I halved the recipe and got 13 cookies.

2. My butter was not at room temperature, so I cut it in to small pieces added sugar and creamed and then added eggs. I would not recommend this, as the butter and sugar kind of flew around a bit and made a mess! I would ahem stick with room temperature butter next time.

3. I used whole wheat flour

4. Used only granulated sugar and no brown sugar (only coz I didn't have any brown sugar on me)

5. I baked on foil, which I then used to wrap the cookies to take on my journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

with these cookies, for sure you are going to have a nice journey :)

Traveling Tummy said...

Thanks Zita, yes it was and friends appreciated them too!

Anonymous said...

I request a personal delivery of these across town please, soon!

Traveling Tummy said...

Thanks Nazneen, on my way : )