Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pasta Mama















I made this dish with stuff I had in my fridge and added some kalamata olives which my mother loves. I did not know what to call this dish and so, since it was for my mother, Pasta Mama it was!

It turned out really good and each bite had more flavors to discover. I will make this dish again, it was so quick and delicious!

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion chopped coarsely
1 clove of garlic chopped finely
About 2 cups of Arugula
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced in half
salt and freshly crushed pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cooked pasta (I used linguine)

Method:

Heat oil in pan and cook onions till translucent. Add garlic and cook stirring for a minute or so. Add tomatoes from the can including all liquid. Add sage, basil and thyme and stir. Next add the arugula and stir to wilt. Add olives, season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm over pasta with crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!

No comments: