Sunday, April 27, 2008

Arugula Salad















I made this Arugula salad for a quick, light and healthy dinner this Sunday evening. This salad along with some soup was perfect. This salad while it was yummy, I must admit was a bit of a cop out. My mother is visiting and I wanted to impress her, but she is such an amazing cook, I thought I would start with a simple salad and then eventually move on to an actual cooked item!

Mother dearest loved the salad, and I also picked her brains, and now have many ideas and recipes I want to try out, so looking forward to cooking with Ma and sharing!

This is how I made or I should say assembled this salad!

Ingredients (makes 4 servings):

1 package of baby arugula, washed and drained
1 small red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
8 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
1 green apple, cored, cut in into quarters and thinly sliced
4 tables spoons sliced almonds
4 table spoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method:

Place about 2 to 3 handfuls of arugula on a plate. Form a small circle with the sliced apples, overlapping the pieces of apples. Place a about a tablespoon and a half of the red peppers in the center of the apples. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sliced almonds and about 2 tablespoons of feta cheese on plate. Season with salt and pepper. Pour a table spoon of olive oil slowly trying to cover most of the plate. Serve immediately.

I am sending this to Sweetnicks who hosts ARF/5-a-day every Tuesday. I think its a great way to stay focused on eating healthy. Check out details here.

http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/arf5-a-day-tuesday/

You can also see the round up here.

http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/2008/04/29/arf5-a-day-117/

No comments: