Sunday, April 27, 2008

Poached Eggs Jazzed up in a Jiffy















It was Sunday morning and I needed to make breakfast quick and without using a gazillion dishes like I usually do! I decided to try poaching eggs, I had tried once before and it was disastrous! I did some research on the Internet and saw that I needed to make the water hotter so the eggs would cook quickly and set instead of feathering out like they had the last time. The poached eggs came out pretty good although I lost a wee bit of the whites.

How I poached my eggs.

I heated water in a pan (about 2 inches of water) till the water was almost boiled (quite a few bubbles had started to form). I cracked an egg in a small bowl and then poured in to the hot water. When the whites were well white! and when the yolk was a light pink color I used a flat slotted spoon to remove the egg carefully. I let the egg drain on the spoon over the sink for a quick minute and then placed on the matza.

This is how I jazzed up my poached eggs in a jiffy!

Ingredients (makes 1 serving):

1 piece of matzo
2 eggs poached
2 tablespoons of your favorite pasta sauce
2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Spread pasta sauce on matzo. Place poached eggs on matzo. Sprinkle with cheese and then microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!

It was a huge hit and I will definitely make these again. I loved how the matzo was still crisp and that you could lift it up and enjoy crunchy and gooey mouthfuls! Great with a cup of hot steaming coffee!

1 comment:

ServesYouRight said...

I saw your fingers :-D

Hugs,
Smita