Saturday, April 12, 2008

Simple Salsa with Sunchips














It had cleared up in the afternoon I went for a run by the East River. As usual I was struggling. Like running, food blogging is still new to me, so I used it as a distraction when I was running. Instead of focusing on how I just wanted to walk, I thought about all the recipes I wanted to try out and all the stories I wanted to write about and it made my run go by a lot quicker.

Back at my apartment, as an after run snack I made some salsa which took about five minutes, maybe seven at the most!


This salsa tastes great with Sunchips, well at least to me!

Ingredients:

1/2 a small onion
1 tomato
1/2 a lime
Handful of parsley
Salt and freshly crushed pepper

Method:

Chop onion and tomato into small pieces and place in bowl. Squeeze juice of half a lime on onion and tomato. Wash parsley and chop finely and add to bowl. Sprinkle with salt and freshly crushed pepper. Now the important part. Use your hand to grab fistfuls of the mixture and squeeze. Do this about 3 to 4 times. Taste and adjust salt pepper and lime accordingly. Serve with chips.

No comments: