Sunday, April 27, 2008

Matza Meal Pancakes















This week was Passover and so I tried these pancakes for Saturday morning breakfast made with Matzo meal, which is basically whole wheat flour. I saw a bunch of recipes on the Internet and decided to try one. Unfortunately I do not remember the site where I found this recipe!

The pancakes came out surprisingly fluffy and good and they absorbed the maple syrup well. I only wish I had made more of the batter as these went really quick!

Ingredients (makes about 6 to 8 small pancakes):

1/2 cup matzo meal
3 eggs separated
1/2 cup of warm water
A pinch of salt
Butter/oil for frying

Method:

Mix matzo meal and salt and place in bowl and mix with water. Beat egg yolks till light yellow. Mix beaten egg yolks with matzo meal, salt and water mixture. Next whisk egg whites till soft peaks form. Fold in egg whites with matzo. The mixture will be lumpy, do not over mix. Fry pancakes for a few minutes per side on high heat till golden brown and cooked on the inside. Serve with maple syrup.

No comments: