Monday, April 21, 2008

Mini Matza Pizza for March of Dimes
















I was introduced to Matza about a year ago. Matza is easily available in New York city and especially during the week of Passover. Matza is basically unleavened bread. I love the shape and look of a whole Matza. They are so precisely square. I also like the crunch you get when you bite into a piece.

A Mini Matza pizza takes about 5 minutes to make, 7 minutes if you have an unopened box of Matza! I am submitting this to Holly at
http://phemomenon.blogspot.com/2008/03/blogging-for-babies-invitation-for.html. Holly is increasing awareness about March of Dimes through this event. March of Dimes focuses on stuff affecting babies. I love babies, and my sister just had a baby, so I liked the idea of the event.

Check out all the other entries for this event at http://phemomenon.blogspot.com/2008/04/event-round-up-little-wonders-made-by.html. Holly has done a lovely round-up of all the entries.

This is how I made this yummy and easy snack.

Ingredients (for each mini pizza):


1 piece of Matza broken into 4 some what equal pieces
A tablespoon of your favorite pasta sauce
A tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese

Method:

Spread sauce on Matza, sprinkle with cheese, microwave for about 10 seconds or until cheese melts. Serve immediately, keep making more till you are satisfied!


2 comments:

PheMom said...

Thanks for participating! We love pizza at our house, so we'll have to give this a shot!

Traveling Tummy said...

Thanks Holly! Looking forward to the round-up. Your blog makes me want to leave work and bake!